Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm Home!

I got back from Camp Lo-Mia yesterday and am exhausted! I'll have to sit down for an hour or so and edit the pictures before I post about it all, but here are some teasers:

*The not-so-itsy-bitsy spider
*Flag Day
*Father's Day
*Dr. Seuss themed skit night
*"Fashion" show
*The Toast Song
*Rockets

* * *

At Camp

1. A short 20 minute run on Saturday, 20 minute walk on Sunday, 30 minutes of running/walking on Monday, and by Tuesday I was too exhausted from just being at camp to do anything specifically for exercise. Wednesday was also a bust.

2. Apparently a lot of money for camp goes to candy and handouts. I did not have ANY until Monday when I found myself getting shaky from doing too much/low blood sugar. There were no healthy snacks available to raise my blood sugar so I had 2 Hershey kisses. Not bad, right? That's OK. But then later I also had a chocolate chip cookie. Then someone gave me a handful of Tootsie Rolls. Pringles anyone? How about some Oreos? {I gained 2 pounds at camp!}

3. This is where I shined for my challenge while at camp! I stayed within the proper portions at all the meals!

Today

1. I am so tired I feel like I'm moving through chest deep mud. I did not want to go workout tonight. But I knew that if I didn't I would be defeating myself. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and 20 minutes on the bike. It took a while to get my groove on, but I do feel much better!

2. Back to discipline and self-restraint. No snacks needed today.

3. A SmartOne for lunch and a perfect portion at dinner (which was really hard 'cuz I just LOVE hamburger stroganoff!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...