Monday, June 13, 2011

Sam is Eleven!

I'm still playing catch up but I'm getting closer to having this blog up to date...

In April Sam turned eleven.  He's been into skateboarding lately and after seeing Elizabeth's cake he had his own request: a Plan B skateboard.  That was his only theme-type request.  All he wanted after that was to play at the park with all his friends.

The idea for the cake came from Family Fun's website.  Instead of just frosting I used a thin layer of butter cream icing and marshmallow fondant.  The letters, trucks (hardware that holds the axles), and tiny screws are made of fondant.  The axles are fondant covered pretzel rods and the wheels are mini chocolate covered donuts wrapped in the Kroger version of Fruit by the Foot.  I added chocolate jimmies {a.k.a."sprinkles" to the non-New England linguist} and green and silver sugar crystals to the Plan B logo "B" to make it stand out.

Turning eleven means moving up from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts.  Sam was presented with the Arrow of Light award during a special recognition and cross over ceremony in May.  We are so proud of you, Samma-lamma-ding-dong!

2 comments:

Helena said...

What a cool cake!

Kristal said...

Thanks! I'm having more fun with cakes than I ever thought I would :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...