It takes forever and it seemed to me that I would work up more of a sweat making the beds than working out. I would end up looking very much like poor Alexander on his terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. And for what? The next morning the only thing left on the beds with any semblance of order would be the fitted sheet.
So I thought to myself, "Why not give the top sheet and blanket fitted corners at the foot of the bed, too?"
An Internet search brought me HERE, where I learned I wasn't as clever as I had thought - someone had beat me to the idea! However, seeing as I already had sheets and am capable of a *few* basic sewing skills I decided to make the inseparable sheets from what I already had - for the bunk beds and Elizabeth's bed.
The standard twin size comforter is way bigger than most bunk beds need and you wind up tucking in nearly a third of it. I wanted my kids to be able to make their own beds without needing a forklift to raise the mattress and shove yards of blankets underneath. So I cut it down, saved the extra fabric for some other projects, and used the removed binding to clean up the look of the new fitted corners.
The best part is: I don't have to make the beds anymore! This made it so easy that the kids just have to pull up on the top, smooth it out, and they're done!
If you would like to make your own click HERE for a plethora of "how to" websites on making fitted sheets corners. Don't forget to account for a body in the bed when taking measurements if you choose to do the inseparable version from above or if you cut your blanket/sheet smaller!!