Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Laundry Dots

I have three boys.  Usually it is obvious which little pair of shorts or undies belong to which boy.  But sometimes not so much.  Sometimes the size on the tag is worn off or the sizes are too close to tell apart without holding them up to one another.

While browsing around one of my favorites websites a few years ago I found this solution:


LaUnDrY DoTs!

Brandon (the oldest) gets one dot.  Sam (the "skunk in the middle") gets two.  And Matthew (the youngest boy) gets three.

O, laundry dots, why do I love thee?  Let me count the ways:
  1. I can fold BVD's by dots with ease
  2. I can pair socks by dots - that ROCKS! (put the dots on the bottom of the toe)
  3. I can hand down clothes by the lot by simply adding a little dot (This is my favorite! Why use dots instead of initials, names, or colors?  Because as your children grow out of clothes you can just add on another dot as you go down the line, rather than scribbling out that Sharpie® "B".  So your oldest gets one dot, next oldest - two, etc.  Get it?)
I'm sorry I can no longer find the page I discovered this gem at, but there is lots more to discover at

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...