Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas


When it comes to enchiladas I usually opt for white over red and flour over corn.  But Chris really wanted me to make this particular recipe we found on Pinterest.  So while he and the older boys went shopping for camp supplies I spent a few hours {yes, hours} creating this yummy feast.

Click HERE for the Chicken Enchilada recipe.

Click HERE for the Chili's Black Beans recipe

A few notes: The recipe called for 1/3 c. filling but I ran out way too early.  I found 1/4 c. to be just right.   I followed the recipe as it's given for the "crispy" option and they were perfect!  I don't think I'd do it without the initial bake.  A little squeeze of lime and a dollop of sour cream after plating made it oh, so perfect!  Best part?  Everyone, even the kids, loved it!!  This one is a keeper!

Be prepared to spend some time in the kitchen, this is not a quick meal, but it's worth it!  I doubled the enchilada recipe so I could put a batch in the freezer.  For the freezer batch I followed the recipe through adding the sauce and cheese over the tortillas (just after the first bake) then covered with foil with directions to finish written on top in Sharpie.  It never takes more time to double a batch but you get an extra meal out of it!  Plus, if someone needs a meal on short notice you're ready to help.  I love that!

¡Buen apetito!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...