Saturday, June 25, 2011

Art Update

Remember that artist's block I mentioned last month?  Well, I *think* it has passed!  I am fairly certain I know what I will be doing for the Church's art competition.

I knew I wanted to do something water-related.  I haven't been able to shake the concept of a drop of water creating a ripple-effect.  I've been circling around using this pattern for a while and I like that it's not an exacting ripple, though I'm not totally opposed to concentric cirles as well.



I also really like the symbolism of salmon instinctively knowing where "home" is, working their way upstream, their bodies physically changing as they return to pure water.  Not to mention the nod to Alaska.


I am so excited to start buying lumber and paints so I can get started!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...