I gave Chris a dozen eggs. At the restaurant. He was a bit confused (and a little embarrassed, I think.)
A dozen ovum of adoration.
But they weren't just any old eggs. No, sirree! Inside each egg was something I love about my dear husband. One for each year we've been married.
I blew out the egg whites and yolks. After letting them dry I inserted the paper. I filled the holes with extra-think butter cream frosting.
He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do with them. I think the best he could hope for was that they symbolized I would make him breakfast in bed for 12 days (or something to that effect.) I had to tell him to break them open.
Lingerie on your anniversary? Cliche. A real chick wears a smile.
You should've seen the look on the waitress's face as she brought out our appetizer and saw Chris busting the shells of what looked like a carton of raw eggs.
Chris made history as the first husband told to not walk on eggshells - break 'em apart, baby!
A Dozen Things I Love About You
1. You are the most patient person I've ever met.
2. You are incredibly humble.
3. You make me laugh and you laugh with me.
4. Almost 40 and still hot, hot, hot . . . need I say more?
5. I love that you sing.
6. I love that when you sing you take on a slightly British accent.
7. You are the smartest guy I know, especially when it comes to the important stuff.
8. I love how your eyebrows twitch and you blink more when you're in public.
9. Your smiles are always sincere. I can see it in your eyes.
10. I love to watch your hands while you play the piano. It's honestly one of my "top things to see." It makes me feel so special that those hands have blessed me, held mine, and rocked my babies.
11. I love the way you kiss me.
12. I love belonging to you. I am so proud to be "your girl."