Sunday, August 10, 2008

Some Favs

If you haven't learned more about me than you wanted yet, here's more.

My favorite cookies are No Bakes.


  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup or 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup baking cocoa
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
In a saucepan, bring sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa to a boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter, oats, and vanilla; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto wax paper. Remove when cooled.


While making this yummy treat this past week, I happened upon another one of my favorite things: a thoroughly cleaned out peanut butter jar. Weird, I know. But for some reason I just love getting in there with a rubber spatula and getting everything I can out. Maybe it's a compulsion, maybe I'm just cheap, or maybe I want to make it easy for recycling. For whatever reason I feel a strange sense of pride whenever I see this:

3 comments:

Krissy said...

LOL ... No, I think you're just weird. But that's okay. I forgive you. LOL

Krissy said...

Ooooh, love the new background too!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these cookies! We make them all the time! They are so easy and so good....and I call them HEALTHY COOKIES...look at all those OATS! :)

Yes...I rationalize that like so I do not feel guilty after I have eaten atleast 10.

{these are my 5 year-old son's favorite cookies!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...